CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Today, Christmas seems to be on people's minds (and on tv) so I thought it would appropriate for me to write about how I feel about Christmas.
Most people love Christmas because it means presents (at least, I think that's why most kids love it).
For me its something so much more. I love the feeling that comes with Christmas, the thoughts of family gathered around a fireplace, the stockings hung on the chimney with care :), the snow (hopefully) falling outside, hot chocolate, Santa, Carolers, decorations...so many things.
I was watching tv and saw a commercial for Branson, MO. The commercial plays, Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...I got all teary eyed (I am assuming mainly because my pregnancy hormones are raging!) and I got that feeling in my heart that reminds me of how much I love Christmas.
I think I love Christmas so much because of the way my childhood. There were many years when I longed the stability and kind of family life that existed in the songs and carols that permeate the holiday season.
And then, one day, I had it! And ever since then, Christmas has been so special. I feel like a little kid every Christmas, I love giving presents, I love receiving presents (who doesn't but its so nice to have friends and family who love you enough to give you a gift) and I love being close to my family in a way we aren't at other times of the year.
So I was thinking about how I hope to convey this to my child as well. I hope that in the future, Christmas is so magical for him or her that they feel the same way I do about it now and forever. I can't wait to buy Christmas presents for my baby and play Santa. Its such an amazing thought! I hope that I pass down our family traditions and that they last long after I am gone...
So really I love Christmas and I can't wait for Christmas this year :D
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment