Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

So Today is my Birthday. I love my birthday. I am not sure why I still think my birthday is the greatest day in the whole year. Yes, its a little childish, Yes, its really not that great to everyone else...but its fun to have a day to me!

So...my day started out awesome, my 9 am class was canceled and I got to sleep in...yay! Then I just spent the rest of the day doing the normal things of my life. But M did get me a card and some chocolates (I got my real present-the camcorder- on Saturday).

But here's the real reason for the post. I realized, that I am officially old.

I have been struggling with the fact that I feel too young to be a mother. I am still in school, I have never had a real "career" type job.

But I realized, 25 is not really that young. I am no longer in my "early 20's" I am officially in my mid-twenties.

I know this is silly, 25 isn't really old, but it feels that way. 25 always sounded so far away and very "adult" and all of a sudden here I am! I am 25!

This could be a product of my mother's doing also. When M and I got married, she was tired of everyone saying how young we were (I was almost 23, he was 22) so she kept telling everyone I was 24. So, in my head, I have been 24 since the summer of 2006 :) So maybe its just that I never felt like I would leave 24. I loved being 24, it felt young but not immature.

I am sure that I will grow into this new age...I mean its just a number right? right? I am also sure that I will freak at 30, 35, 40 and gasp 50! (I seriously can't even imagine being 50...that's twice my age now!! Oh gosh my unborn baby will be 25...ahhh...Owww..my brain hurts!)

Anyway, its my birthday and its been a great day. I am thankful to have birthdays and am looking forward to celebrating many more with M and our new little one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1...I LOVE the name of your blog!!!!
2...just wait until you are about ready to turn 26 and realize you are closer to 30 than you are to 20!!
3...You are going to be SUCH a great mom!!