Ok so this is a little late, for me at least, but I thought I must talk about this weekend.
Sunday we lost power. We spent the night sitting in candle light playing monopoly. It was fun to do something with M that didnt' involve sports, a tv, and/or food. But waking up to no power just plain sucked.
So...Monday night we decided to drive to his sister's place in Ft. Knox and watch the Dallas game and let me shower.
But before we left, I had a little break down...
I couldn't handle it. We had to throw away so much food that I just bawled like a little baby. This was probably made worse by a few things...M bought me a great birthday present (a camcorder) but we spent more than we intended and I had just spent $50 at whole foods on fruit and seafood. The fruit was saved, but the seafood was $40 of that purchase. I had felt so guilty for buying such expensive food and then we just threw it out. So I cried. We hadn't even been out of power for 24 hours and I was a wreck. So I feel very, very bad for my friends who still do not have power tonight. I. Can't. Imagine.
I thought that I would have been better at handling such a situation. But I was so disoriented and stressed out. It was terrible. I felt like the world's biggest baby. I just couldn't handle it. Thankfully, some one was thinking of me and we got our power back on Monday night.
I have learned my lesson though, we need batteries and good candles for light. Next time I will be prepared!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment