I debated what to name this blog today because to day is a very special day in our history. And in many ways it feels much more real than the pilgrims landing at plymouth rock. But here it is anyway.
So this week has been INCREDIBLY stressful. It culminated in a crying/screaming fit last night to my poor hubby who really didn't do anything wrong and the crying/screaming wasn't really directed at him (or anyone for that matter).
Today I feel calmer and more collected. I realized I hadn't posted in a while and was trying to think of what to write about and then I realized that a few events have happened in the last week or so that have reminded me of how lucky I am and what a blessed life I truly lead. So here are a few of things I am most thankful for right now and the events that reminded me.
September 11, 2001
This particular event really doesn't need any explanation so I will leave it at this
- I am so thankful for my family. Everyone is happy, healthy and alive. For that I am thankful as today we remembered all the people who were lost on 9/11 and who have died since serving our country. Thank you for keeping my family safe.
- I am thankful for my husband. Many husbands, wives and companions were lost those no so many years ago. I am thankful that he has such patience with me and my pregnant hormones and my general disposition. I am thankful that he loves me as much as he does. For that I couldn't be luckier.
-I am thankful that I live in America. Even though I often worry about the future our country and don't really have answers for the problems, I am thankful that I live here and enjoy the many freedoms I do have.
A blogger friend of mine lost her pregnancy recently
-I really don't know this woman outside of her blog and message boards but I felt a special bond with her and many other women who are mothers and are pregnant now that I am pregnant and I am watching as she struggles through this hard time with a positive attitude and a strong spirit.
-I am thankful for my own pregnancy. For all the aches, the pains and the bad acne...all of it. I am thankful that I can reproduce and carry a life inside me.
-I am thankful for my life experiences that hopefully will make me a better mother and a better lawyer.
-I am thankful and in awe of this beautiful little life that is growing, tumbling and kicking inside of me, that makes my heart skip a beat when I become of aware of his/her movements and the surprise, wonder, joy, frustration and learning s/he will bring to my life.
Yoga
-I am sooo thankful for yoga. I had never before stepped into a yoga studio until about 6 weeks ago. I never knew what I was missing. I am so thankful for the hour I have every week to devote to myself, my body and my baby. I forget about all the things in the world that are bothering me, law school disappears, stress disappears. And its just me in a very small and very large way. It is humbling and exhilarating at the same time.
-I am thankful to Lucie for suggesting yoga to me and sharing this incredible gift of mind, body and spirit.
So....
For now that's about it. There are many other things in my life, but I must move on to some of the pressing matters...but I am glad to have taken some time today and really thought about all the things in my life that are great and wonderful. Even if things get crazy and hectic.
I hope everyone is having a great night and looking forward to a relaxing and productive weekend.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment