
This weekend was a great weekend. Nothing really special happened, but sometimes those make the greatest days and moments.
Last weekend, M and I went to Wisconsin for a cousins wedding. It was fun, but a long drive and we came home feeling more stressed than relaxed. I could have prepared better had I realized the wedding was at the end of the first week of my classes and the weekend before M's class started. Oh well. Better planning this time.
So I canceled my trip to the lake in lieu of a quiet weekend. But this just didn't feel right to me. For any of you who don't know me super well....I love the lake house. I have gone at least once a summer since I was 9. It has got to be my favorite place on earth. Its nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains on the Georgia/Tennessee border. The lake drains into the Ocoee River which boasts as the kayaking river for the 1996 Olympics. It is the most gorgeous place on earth, and I have been to a few very nice places.
Anyway, so on Monday I went to my 16 week appointment, sooo happy to hear the baby (but that's another post) and talked to my mom (BTW she works at my drs. office) and decided that I would go after all. For this I was greatly excited!
I drove down with my mom and the kids (all 5 of us :D) and we had a nice relaxing weekend. We didn't do much of anything but swim, read, eat and go out on the boat.
But leaving this time was so incredibly hard. It will be my last time at the lake for about 2 years. It took all I had not to cry for the last 4 hours we were there.
It was so hard because I feel like, my 'last' trip to the lake really solidified for me the changes I am about to make in my life. I am about to leave (in 6 months) all that I have known and all that I love for the great unknown. I know its part of growing up, I know its part of being a half of a whole and I know its for the betterment of M's career. But it doesn't make moving half way across the country much easier.
So anyway, this weekend was a bittersweet moment for me. I am almost 25 and I feel like my life is coming very close to a cross roads. I may know which path to take, but the taking it is still so hard....
1 comment:
Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts on my blog. I completely understand what you mean about "bittersweet endings." I think you'll find the next stage in your life will be full of sweet moments and cherished memories.
:-)
CravingBaby
Post a Comment