Friday, November 14, 2008

Obama, Ethics and Still (thankfully) Pregnant

So...I haven't posted in a while, but last week was a very hectic, crazy, important and stressful week for me.

1st...Obama is our president elect. For this I am very excited. While he may not have been my first choice, he was by no means the worst choice. I am excited to see what he will do for our country, our families and our lives. One of my Professors said we should get a newspaper and save the headlines (which of course I forgot to do...which makes me very upset...so if anyone knows a link to a good story about it, please send it to me) because when our children are grown it will not be as momentous for them as it is for us. A black man is President...who would have believed it?? I hope that for my baby this feat seems as natural and right as Loving v. Virginia seems to me (whites and blacks can marry for my non-law school friends :D). My hopes for President Obama is to make this world a happier, less scary place for my child. I know that since becoming pregnant it has been on my mind more than once....what kind of world am I bring a child into? Anyway, time will tell and we're really excited.

Also, I found out that if you send a birth announcement to the President they send you a card for congratulations...I am totally going to do this for my baby...since his/her mother can't manage to buy a newspaper to mark the occasion :D

2nd The PR exam and the MPRE were last Friday and Saturday respectively. The PR exam may not have been so bad were it not for sitting in a windowless room when a pre-filled air temperature of 85 degrees. I have never been so miserable in all my life. I tried to drink water and splash water on my face...but its so incredibly difficult to concentrate on an ethics conflict between an insurance company and the insured person when you're worried about cooking your baby in your belly from the heat. Sigh....so anyway, I did my best and that's all you can really ask for right? RIGHT???!!!! :D

The MPRE was much harder than I expected. I am hoping to do well enough to take my score anywhere...I just wished that the practice exams and my classmates would have warned me that it would be so difficult! I am just going to pretend that the questions I didn't know were the test questions that didn't count anyhow!

3rd This week has been a difficult pregnant week for me. I feel like my stomach has grown tremendously and everything is becoming more difficult to do. Forget about tying my sneakers! Its just not going to happen!! Its getting harder to sleep and I am just so tired...but things are still good, the baby moves all time and other than my minor complaints there really isn't too much going on.

The next few weeks will be busy, busy, busy, but also fun and exciting! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

The day after the election, I wrote a letter to my as-yet unborn, unconceived kid, telling her about this historic election. I wrote in there that I hope that by the time she's old enough to read the letter, the idea that it was once a big deal that a black man could be elected to the highest office in the land would make me seem really old.

Back to the Remedies final....*sigh*