Wednesday, April 16, 2008

wanting, wishing, waiting, praying...

Ever wanted something so bad you could cry about it?

I am a very persistent person. I have cried about many things that I have wanted over my life...some of them have come true, others, not so much. My husband says I am spoiled because I always get what I want.

Sometimes its true...especially with him... I think he just likes to give me what I want because it makes me happy [and he doesn't like to watch me sulk ;-)]. If its something that takes a long time, usually I obsess until it happens...

My current obsession is a little more difficult than things that I have wanted in the past...this particular wish is just something that I can't make happen on my own...in fact its so out of my hands that I have to let faith take over...

This is hard for me...being a type-A personality, sometimes I think I will have to work very hard as a lawyer because I very much believe in the "if you want something right, do it yourself" mantra. I believe there is some value in learning the art of effective delegation, perhaps in the future I will be better at it.

I think this current obsession is sort of the start to that. I mean, I am at a place right now where I can only do my small part and no matter how much I want to make something happen, I must just put my faith in God and know that if its supposed to happen for me now, it will...

But wanting, wishing, waiting and praying can be so very hard for someone who has a hard time with that little virtue called patience :-D

For now, I am going to sit back, pray every night (and every time I think of it during the day!) and know that fate and God will eventually help me out!

Until then, I am trying to focus on getting good grades in law school, which may in itself be an oxymoron of the greatest proportion! haha...good grades in law school actually makes me chuckle a little bit...oh well! I am praying about that too!!


1 comment:

ourpreciouslittlelamb said...

Thought you might like to read the article TIME.com did about my case. Here's the link: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1736006,00.html