Sunday, April 13, 2008

A little whining about modern technology

Don't get me wrong, I love technology as much as the next guy. I love having neat little gadgets that do all sorts of cool things to make my life easier. But one thing that really irks me is the way our lives revolve around email.

I love email, its fast, its simple, and sometimes you just don't want to be stuck on the phone with someone for hours. I love email because I hate leaving voice messages, I always end up with a message that says:

Um, hi, its Jess, I was just calling to _______ please give me a call, ok I'll talk to you later, bye...

And that's on a good day. But, one thing about email and technology is that you are notified of a new message almost simultaneously with when the other person hit the send button.

So I HATE it when I am given a deadline on something and email a person with a question I have about the deadline, only to have 2 or 3 days go by without a response.

I mean with our obsession with technology I KNOW they read it! Or at least saw that I emailed. Sooo please have the courtesy to reply! I mean it really sucks when I am stuck and can't move forward and all I want to do is get on with my life...

This has happened to me three times this weekend. I am still waiting for replies....ugh....

YAY Email, BOO sucky people

But you know maybe its my own fault. You know I have become so accustomed to everything being fast, instantaneous and split-second that I have totally lost all patience. I definitely do not have the virtue of patience, I am the most impatient person in the world....I certainly hope I learn some patience before I start having children because that could be a real problem...

Oh well....for now I guess I must wait until the morning for a reply...maybe.

No comments: